Introduction to the Urban Beehive programs and basic beekeeping
The introduction session will teach you the basics of how to get started with a beehive in your backyard. The Urban Beehive will introduce our 5 programs to help you get starting in beekeeping with mentorship.
The class is designed for the beginner beekeeper who is curious about beekeeping and need a hand doing so.
- Introduction to the Urban Beehive programs offered
- What's in a hive
- What equipment do you need to get started
- Where is the best location
- What flowers do they like most?
- What does the inside of a beehive look like?
- What are the job descriptions of honeybees?
Urban Beehive programs
We offer 5 different programs.
Beekeepers Mentoring - Full mentorship program with our bee keeper Mark
Wax Off - Hands off with beehive in your back yard
Honey Production - Spin your own honey from your own back yard
Bee Splitting - How do split a hive and keep it
Adopt a Hive - Doing your part for the bee population
The cost of the introduction course is free - bring a friend.